Wednesday, September 28, 2011

PTU- Hunter or Hunted




Hunter or Hunted?

Tube of choice.  I used a BEAUTIFUL tube by Camilla Drakenborg called Darkling and you can buy it at UYA

Scrapkit used is by Scottish Butterfly and called Gothic Scrap.  Thank You Heidi!  You can purchase this kit at Digi Fox's Studio

Mask of Choice.  I used Artmama Mask 11 You can download this mask and others at Artmama's Studio.  Miss you Artmama!

Font of Choice.  I used Angelic War.  It is a FTU font over at DaFont

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's get started!

Open a 700X700 Transparent new image.

Open Paper5 and copy and paste as a new layer.

Open your Mask Layers> New Mask Layer From Image...Scroll down to find your mask Invert Mask Data Unchecked and hit OK.

Open Frame Image> Resize 650X638 and copy and paste as a new layer.

With your magic wand tool (Add(Shift) RGB Value Tolerance/Feather 0 Contiguous and Anti-alias checked Outside Click in the middle of your frame.  Selecions> Modify Expand 5 and copy and paste Paper8 and a new layer Selections> Invert and hit the delete button once on your keyboard.

Copy and paste BloodSplatter1 as a new layer and hit delete on your keyboard.  I duplicated this layer and did Adjust> Blur Gaussian Blur 3.00

Copy and paste Wirefence 2 as a new layer and hit delete on your keyboard.  I duplicated this layer and did Adjust> Blur Gaussian Blur 3.00  Selections> Select None.

Open your tube and copy and paste as a new layer.  I duplicated my tube so one layer was above the frame and one layer was below the frame.  I then carefully used the reaser tool to erase the extra parts of the tube that were showing.

Open Arrow (2) and copy and Paste as a new layer.  Position toward the bottom of your tag and when happy with it Layers>Duplicate Adjust> Blur Gaussian Blur 3.00 Layers> Merge Down Layers> Duplicate Image> Flip Image> Mirror.

Open Bow Image> Resize  200X216 and copy and paste as a new layer.  I moved it up and to the left.  I then duplicated the layer and put the gaussian blur on it and then merged down.

Open Heart4 Image> Resize 50X47 and copy and paste as a new layer.  Move over so it is on top of the bow.

Open Ivy and copy and paste as a new layer.  I moved it up so there was a little something over my tubes head and then moved down so it is above the arrow layers.

Open Candels Image> Resize 200X200 and copy and paste as a new layer.  I moved this down and to the left.

Open CandleSkull and copy and paste as a new layer.  I moved this down and to the right.

Open Mist Image> Resize 300X300 and copy and paste as a new layer.  I moved it down over the candle layer so it looked like they just got blown out.  I duplicated it and moved over the CandleSkull.

Open Cross and copy and paste as a new layer.  I moved it to the left so it was over the candles.

This part is optional because it is kinda hard and I don't know if I can explain it well enough for you.

Open Mirror Image> Resize 256X500 and copy and paste as a new layer.  Image> Mirror and move it to the right and below your candleSkull layer. Open your tube and with your pick tool rotate it so the face will be in your mirror.  I then lowered the opacity of the tube so I could see the mirror and made sure the face was in the mirror and used my eraser tool to erase the excess tube.  I then brought the opacity of my tube back up to 100.  I duplicated the face put on my gaussian blur and changed the blend mode to soft light.  I then used my Soften Brush around the edges and then lowered the opacity to around 79.

Once you are happy with where everything is positioned Layers> Merge Merge Visible.
Put on your ©copyright information and name and you are all done.

I hope you enjoyed this tut and perhaps learned something new.
Hugs, Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment